Right… Installing the pump ended up being more complicated than I had anticipated. I realize now that I should probably have gone with a pump/reservoir combo unit, but hey, it’s mounted into the case now. It was a several hour long process of trial and error, and the fact that I went a bit overkill with the front radiator, 280mm, rather than going with an easier to fit 240mm, probably only added to the problems. I’ve been forced to rethink my drain system though, as the placement of pump and reservoir prevents me from hooking the drain up to the bottom of the reservoir.
Anyway, now that it’s installed, I’ve also mounted all the other major components. The only real job remaining now, is to do all the tubing. That’s going to be a slow process I think, but I’d rather do it slow and steady than to end up making too many mistakes and having to buy more tubes. Doing all the cables and cable management of course also remains, but that will be the last thing, and with a bit of luck, I’ll get my custom sleeved power cables before having to do that. If not, I’ll use the standard ones temporarily.
Oh, and I need to not forget to sleeve the cables for the pump.
And install the new power and hdd-activity LEDs.
And leak testing of course…
Right, perhaps there’s a bit more left to do after all 😉