Up around the bend

Yesterday was the big tube bending day. After a very long day (and evening) of trying to get it all to fit, I eventually ended up having wasted a whole lot of tubing. Fortunately something good came out of it. Two pieces of tube DID get finished and mounted, a bending jig was MacGyver’ed and I learned a lot about bending tubes. The downside is that I’ve now run out of tubes completely so I had to order some more directly from EKWB.

Hopefully, with my new knowledge of tube bending and a new supply of PETG tubes, I’ll be able to get the last of the tubing fitted to the system over the next few days and be ready for leak testing. That’s when the scary part begins 😉

Bending jig. Made from bits of old planks, a chopping board and the cap from a roll-on deodorant. Yeah, I know... It's a bit primitive ;)
Bending jig. Made from bits of old planks, a chopping board and the cap from a roll-on deodorant. Yeah, I know… It’s a bit primitive 😉
The bending jig from a different angle.
That bent tube was probably another failure.
Right. The two tubes from the top radiator are in place at last. Hopefully there won't be any leaks.
Right. The two tubes from the top radiator are in place at last. Hopefully there won’t be any leaks.
Advertisements
Up around the bend

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s